-
-
-
 

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Reborn

"at this point, I've got the confidence to know that I'll get through anything
in my life given I have the motivation to do it. If it's an act of survival, we've all got
a reason to keep living. It may not be pretty, but surviving is grit and determination
in its highest form. I learned that I've got the capacity to do a hell of a lot more than
I thought I could if I have the proper motivation."
-Aron Ralston

Warm Up

Strength/Skill
10 to 1 of
Hanging Squat Cleans into a Thruster @ 115#
All rounds unbroken, with 60 seconds rest between sets

WOD
10 rounds of
10 Pull Ups
20 Push Ups
30 Squats
40 Double Unders

Endurance
Rest

Reborn



"I think my spirituality is very similar to what it was before.
It wasn't as if I went through some kind of enlightenment and figured out all the answers.
I figured out what was important to me, but I knew that before. I just didn't express
it as much to the people I appreciate, to my family and friends, and I've tried
to be more practiced in that."
-Aron Ralston

'127 Hours' is a movie about Aron Ralston.
In 2003, while canyoneering in Utah, Aron was forced to amputate his lower right arm with a dull
knife after becoming trapped by a boulder. He was trapped for 5 days.
The movie is very good and worth seeing.
To me, the core of the movie shows that if you have a purpose or person that is more important than
yourself, then theres nothing you wouldn't do to survive.

This is from an interview with Aron.

“It was kind of the first half of a déjà vu, or what some might call a prophecy,” Ralston said,
“I certainly feel that this little boy is perhaps the same little boy that I saw the very last night
I was stuck in the canyon, when I thought I was going to die.
There was this little child, about 3 years old, blond hair, that I picked up and was interacting
with with my left hand and a handless right arm, and I saw myself holding him there.”
Now Ralston believes that when his wife gives birth, he will meet that little boy who buoyed his spirits during his life-or-death ordeal.
“I can’t wait to see him. He helped save my life in that canyon,
and I get to tell him ‘thank you’ in a couple of months.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment