-
-
-
 

Sunday, December 6, 2009

INVICTUS

"All your life you are told things you cannot do. All your life they will say your not good enough or strong enough or talented enough; they will say your the wrong height or the wrong weight or the wrong type to play this or be this or achieve this. THEY WILL TELL YOU NO, a thousand times no, until all the no's become meaningless. All your life they will tell you no, quite firmly and very quickly. AND YOU WILL TELL THEM YES."
-Nike ad

Warm Up

Strength/Skill
Dead Lift 5-5-5-5-5

WOD
Run 800 meters
100 Sit Ups
100 Clapping Push Ups
100 Jumping Squats

Run 800 meters
75 Sit Ups
75 Clapping Push Ups
75 Jumping Squats

Run 800 meters
50 Sit Ups
50 Clapping Push Ups
50 Jumping Squats

Run 800 meters
25 Sit Ups
25 Clapping Push Ups
25 Jumping Squats

INVICTUS
by William Ernest Henley. 1849–1903

OUT of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.
In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.
Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.


(Thanks for pointing this one out Lion Heart)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment