-
-
-
 

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Stronger Back

"If you rest, you rust."
- Helen Hayes

Warm Up

Strength/Skill
Un-broken Double Unders 5 x 20

WOD
30-20-10-5-15-25 rep rounds for time of:
Back Squats @ 135#
Sumo DeadLift HighPull @ 70# KB
Knees to Elbow

Rest 5+ hours

WOD2
for time:
25 Burpees
20 Handstand Pushup
15 Muscle Ups
20 Handstand Pushup
25 Burpees

ATTITUDE

When I was younger I went on one of my first big multi-day hikes with my dad, brother and a friend of my dad's. We loaded our packs up and got moving, within the first few hours I started complaining. 'My packs too heavy', 'my feet hurt', you name it and I complained about it.
My dad pulled me aside, and I'll never forget this, he said, 'don't you think that all our packs are heavy, and all our feet hurt?' I said yes sir they probably do. He responded by saying, 'but you haven't heard a word out of anyone of us have you?', I said no. Then he said, 'what good would it do for us to complain, would it motivate you to keep moving?'. My obvious response was no, I decided right then and there that I would keep my mouth shut and not let a single complaint slip from my lips. I've made that my personal rule from that day till now, and I'll keep it until the day I die.

Every single one of us has our hardships. Some greater than others, but what good does complaining do about it. The best thing to do is to stand up, put your pack on and summit your mountain. It'll get tough I can promise you that, but in turn you will become tough and in that your 'pack' will feel lighter.

"I do not pray for a lighter load, but for a stronger back."
-Phillips Brooks

0 Comments:

Post a Comment