-
-
-
 

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Give Me The Wind

"Trust only movement. Life happens at the level of events, not of words. Trust Movement."
-Alfred Adler

Warm Up

Strength/Skill
30 Handstand Push Ups

WOD
5 rounds for time
1 Minute Wall Ball Shots @ 20#
1 Minute 15 foot rope climb
Run 400 meters
Rest

Start each round exactly six minutes apart.
Your rest period is whatever remains after the run.

If needed
(Substitute rope climb with Chest to bar Pull Ups
(Substitue Wall Ball Shots with Thrusters @ 65#

Endurance
Run 3 Miles for time


Give Me the Wind

http://img.allposters.com/6/LRG/16/1645/AE2GD00Z.jpg

I am at my best with the wind in my face,
When overcoming the challenge, with pace.
The pace that requires more effort, more strength.
But once gained momentum, endures with great length.

It's easy to sit back, placid and calm
Comfort is only a relative balm.
It seems an advantage, better than strife
But is dulled by stagnation, stifling life.

Progress needs movement, energy, drive,
No chance for improvement if you do not strive.
Nothing's for nothing: cause and effect.
That which you work for, you've more chance to get.

So give me the wind, let it blow in my face,
The more I confront, the more strength I'll embrace.
Steps are not mounted, nor challenge o'ercome.
Without certain courage or effort be done.

Author: Unknown

0 Comments:

Post a Comment