-
-
-
 

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Broham

"And now", cried Max, "let the WILD Rumpus start!"
-'Where the Wild Things Are'



Warm Up


Strength/Skill
30 Pistols on each leg


WOD
For Time:

15 Power Cleans @155#
10 Muscle ups
30 Burpees

12 Power Cleans
8 Muscle Ups
25 Burpees

9 Power Cleans
6 Muscle Ups
20 Burpees

6 Power Cleans
4 Muscle Ups
15 Burpees

3 Power Cleans
2 Muscle Up
10 Burpees


Endurance
6x400 meter sprints
90% effort
rest 60 seconds between each

BROTHERS

People who train together, or take on any physically demanding tasks together, grow a very strong bond with each other. When I was very young I remember waking up, long before the sun rose, with my Dad to watch him get on his rower in our backyard or go and watch him workout at the gym.
He took my brother and I most of the time, and although we were way too young to lift weights he'd let us "help" him. Which pretty much means we'd hang on each side of the bar as he pressed us over his head. Those early days were the foundation for the bond my Dad, Brother and I have now today. Eventually my Brother and I grew and we stopped watching Dad and started training with him. And as we got older my Brother and I began to compete with each other. Not in a negative way, but in the most positive form of competition. We'd throw a challenge down and both go at it, all the while cheering each other on.
Another thing that brought us so close together, was that anytime we took a vacation, it was either to go skiing, white water rafting, hiking or anything that involved being outdoors and had some physical task. To this day I've never been to Disney World or Land, but I wouldn't trade a single one of our excursions for that.
Although my Dad, Brother and I have not lived in the same city, or state for that matter, in over six years we still meet up to ski, climb, hike and all that good stuff. We also still make sure that each one of us is training and physically testing ourselves daily. Thanksgiving and Christmas at the Schrock house is bound to have some sort of push up/ pull up challenge or a timed 10 mile run. And those are some of my favorite memories and I know there will be many more to come.

Gonna switch gears here a bit, check out the dude in this video!
Talk about stepping up!
A perfect example of being sure you are ready for any situation that life my throw at you.
And I guarantee you, when it does happen you will not have planned for it or have been expecting it. That doesn't just mean physically, it also means training yourself to always be aware. Aware of your surroundings and what's going on around you.
So continue to train "In case sh#t happens"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment