"I am not afraid of tomorrow,
for I have seen yesterday,
and I love today."
-William Allen White
Warm Up
Strength/Skill
Snatch 5-5-3-3-3-1-1-1-1
WOD
5 Rounds for time
Run 400 meters
12 Power Cleans @ 155#
9 Ring Dips
Endurance
Run 1 mile for time
Devote Yourself
Movie Videos & Movie Scenes at MOVIECLIPS.com
You traveled the world...
Now you must journey inwards...
to what you really fear...
it's inside you...
there is no turning back.
Your training is nothing.
The will is everything.
If you make yourself more than just a man, if you devote yourself to an ideal,
you become something else entirely.
Are you ready to begin?
From the movie Batman Begins
I have learned many times that to become more than what
I am right now, to become better, to become stronger
I must be reconstructed.
And with any reconstruction there must be deconstruction first.
Deconstruction can come in many forms.
Physically, Mentally and/or Spiritually.
Sometime all three at once.
Although these forms of deconstruction can be uncomfortable
and at times even painful, to become more they
must occur. Injuries, rejections, failures, loss, disappointment, burnt out, etc.
all of these things can easily bring us down.
Life can change in an instant.
Never lose focus of the light, no matter how small it may be, it's always there.
Remember the next time you feel like you are being torn down or beaten up
by the world, that there is always a reason or a purpose for it.
Keep your head up and continue to believe in all the goodness
and keep your focus off what is trying to bring you down.
"If you make yourself more than just a man/woman,
if you devote yourself to an ideal, you become something else entirely."
The human body can easily be broken,
and under the right circumstances even the human mind can be broken.
Our true strength is hidden in our soul.
I always think of Christopher Reeves, Superman,
his body was completely broken, wrecked.
The simple things we do each day, walk, grab, hold, step, breathe………
were taken away from him in an instant.
But he showed us that his true strength was not in his muscles
but it was inside him.
Remember that.
Your true strength is deep inside you.
Focus on that and become something else entirely.
Tuesday, October 12, 2010
Devote Yourself
Posted by tery at 11:20 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment