-
-
-
 

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Just Do It

"Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.”
-
Chinese Proverb

Warm Up

Strength/Skill
100 Double Unders

WOD
On the minute, every minute, for 25 minutes:
5 Pull Ups
10 Push Ups
5 Back Squats @ 135#

Endurance

Timed 2 Mile Run

SPIRIT


During the 2000 Super Bowl, Nuveen Investments had a commercial that I have never forgotten.



It literally fires adrenaline through me, watching that.
For a couple of reasons.
First that one day I know we will be able to reverse and repair spinal cord injuries,
and second because Christopher Reeve truly was Superman.
When I was younger I thought, how ironic that the man who played Superman ended up in a wheel chair and without the assistance of many machines would cease to live.
But then I realized, he was the real Superman. Think about it, how strong of a man would it take to find himself in Mr. Reeve's position and not only continue to fight but with a smile on his face and constantly encouraging others.
I believe that the last years of his life, Christopher Reeve inspired and encouraged more people than all his years before.
Christopher Reeve was a known atheist, and at first to be honest I thought, geez dude come on, forget this guy. But then that voice in my head said, just because someone doesn't believe in the things that I do, doesn't mean they can't teach me to be a better man.

“Either you decide to stay in the shallow end of the pool or you go out in the ocean.”
-Christopher Reeve

"I refuse to allow a disability to determine how I live my life. I don't mean to be reckless, but setting a goal that seems a bit daunting actually is very helpful toward recover." -Christopher Reeve











0 Comments:

Post a Comment