-
-
-
 

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Worm Food

"Expose yourself to your deepest fear; After that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free."
-Jim Morrison

Warm Up

Strength/Skill
10 rounds of
5 Dead Hang Chest to Bar Pull Ups
10 Push Ups
15 Body Squats

WOD
"DT Jr. Jumping"
5 Rounds for time
12 Dead Lifts @ 135#
9 Hanging Power Cleans @ 135#
6 Front Squat @ 135#
50 Double Unders

Endurance
Run 2 miles for time


Worm Food

"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may,
Old Time is still a-flying;
And this same flower that smiles today,
Tomorrow will be dying."

- Robert Herrick



Carpe Diem - Seize the Day.
I know, because of this movie, you've most likely heard that line multiple times.
It's a great line and a great way to live life, but that's not why I posted this clip.
It's the other part of Robin Williams's speech that I want to highlight.

"Because we are foods for worms lads. Because, believe it or not, each and everyone of us in this room is going to, one day, stop breathing, turn cold and die."
This should in no way, surprise you or make you sad. It is an inevitable fact, our time here is limited. I see this and that statement as pure motivation to LIVE this LIFE fully and completely. To take chances and risks, and to seize every single opportunity that I can. To Seize the Day.

When I was younger I saw the Power Team give one of their performances. For those of you who aren't familiar with the Power Team, they were a Christian group, who traveled around the world preaching while they bent steal bars and ripped up telephone books. Cool and ridiculous at the same time. But I'll never forget what one of them said that night. He said, "Do you all know what the devil's favorite word is?".
Of course people yelled out words like sin and hate and all the typical answers that might be associated with the devil. When everyone finally quieted down he said, "While your answers were all good, they were all wrong. The devil's favorite word is………Tomorrow." That struck a nerve in me. Now I'm not here to convince you that the devil exists or not. But think about it, TOMORROW, how fitting of a word for him. "I'll do it tomorrow……..I'll go tomorrow………it can wait till tomorrow". Tomorrow is a dangerous word my friends. Because tomorrow is never guaranteed.

Do NOT waist today. Do NOT wait for tomorrow. Carpe Diem. Seize TODAY.

"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may,
Old Time is still a-flying;
And this same flower that smiles today,
Tomorrow will be dying."

- Robert Herrick

0 Comments:

Post a Comment