-
-
-
 

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

CR

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."
-Abraham Lincoln

Warm Up

Strength/Skill
15 to 1 of Unbroken Pull Ups
rest 30 seconds between each round

WOD
for time
50 Double Unders
5 Overhead Squats- 95#
40 Double Unders
10 Overhead Squats
30 Double Unders
15 Overhead Squats
20 Double Unders
20 Overhead Squats
10 Double Unders
25 Overhead Squats

Endurance
Row 3x (250 meter - 500 meter - 750 meter)
rest the exact time it takes you to do each interval in each set.


CR Johnson

I'm not the most open person when it comes to my emotions.
But I'll be honest when I heard that CR Johnson passed on, an over whelming sadness came over me. I never had the pleasure of meeting CR, but I have been a fan of his for quite a while. CR died during a skiing accident this past February (2/24/2010). He was 26 years old.

I wrote about CR, on this blog, on September 2, 2009. Below is what I wrote then, along with a video I had posted. To me this is just one more example that not a single second of life should be waisted. Fear nothing. Achieve everything.


9/02/2009
MIND

"The joy I get from skiing, that's worth dying for."
-CR Johnson



Never waist a single day. Find your joy in each day.
You don't know which today will be the last today.
Yesterday is gone, learn from it.
Tomorrow is NOT guaranteed, don't wait for it.
Today is right now, seize it.
How strong is your mind? Sure toughing out a rough day, workout,
or task takes some mental strength and focus.
But if the unexpected were to happen, would your spirit be broken
or would it be strengthened?
Until we are tested and stretched way beyond our limits, can we
know the answer to that question. I do believe that if you focus on your
joy and passion in life, you can make it through any struggle that comes
your way.
I pray that none of us ever have to face the hurdles that CR Johnson did.
But if that storm or one like it were to roll into my life, I know God is by my side and he will provide me the strength to weather the storm.
"God is faithful, and he will not let you be tested beyond your strength but with your testing he will also provide the way out so that you may be able to endure it" (1 Corinthians 10:13)
Find your passion and live with joy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment