-
-
-
 

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Hitchcock

"Anyone who has a continuous smile on his face conceals a toughness that is almost frightening."
-Greta Garbo

Warm Up

Strength/Skill
Rest

WOD-1 (am)
Fran
21-15-9 rep rounds of
Thrusters @ 95#
Pull Ups

WOD-2 (pm)
As Many Rounds Possible of
5 Handstand Push Ups
5 Burpee Pull Ups
5 Back Squats @ 135#

Endurance
Rest

Hitchcock

header.jpg (674×300)

"When I started no one ever told me that mental would play a part.
It was all about "you gotta take care of your body and don't get blisters."
Physical was at the top of the list. But no one ever really explained to me that
I would also be experiencing the mental part of what it does to your mind and body.
And I had to work through that myself. It took me a long time to understand what
was happening to me.
The physical part -- the pain was many, many times off the scale. It hurt.
There's no doubt about it. I remember going to the hospital with my son and
looking at the X-rays of my knee cap and my ankles and the doctor saying,
"well you gotta go home and put your feet up for ten days and come back and see me."
And I still had about twelve miles to go and so I kept going. The physical was there."

Red this article about Terry Hitchcocks Journey

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/393537-interview-with-my-runs-terry-hitchcock/#ixzz1G1xwNlHS

0 Comments:

Post a Comment